We at Farrell Bros Auctioneering, Killashee Street, Longford, take our responsibilities under applicable data protection law and implementing legislation such as the Data Protection Act 2018 seriously. The purpose of this notice is to inform you of our data protection policy,the data relating to you that we may collect and the use we make of such data.
If you have any questions about our use of your personal data, please contact us at the above address or at [email protected]
How we use your information.
We may collect and process data relating to you during the course of our relationship with you. Such data may include:
- Your name and contact details, including your address and telephone number; information which you enter in any of our property services forms which you complete for the purpose of entering into a contract with us.
- Personal data relating to you in connection with our ongoing relationship such as by correspondence and calls with you and based on the services which we are providing either to you or the estate agency activities which we are carrying out in respect of a property which you either own or have made enquiries in respect of.
- Information which we are required to collect to carry out money laundering and identity checks and to comply with our legal obligations.
- Where necessary information relating to your financial means such as documentary proof of funds.
- Any other personal information you have provided directly to us. In some cases we may collect information relating to your accommodation needs, including where, you have specific accommodation needs because of mobility issues which affect you or a member of your family or household.
Purposes of Processing and Legal Basis
Your personal data may be used by us and by third party service providers acting on our behalf for the purposes of (i) liaising with you prior to your decision as to whether to engage us to provide estate agency services on your behalf, (ii) carrying on estate agency activities on your behalf or in respect of a property which you own or are interested in acquiring, leasing or bidding for.
The legal bases on which we collect, process and transfer your information in the manner described above are:
a. The performance of our contract with you;
b. To take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract with you;
c. Our commitment to conducting our business in a responsible and prudent manner.
d. To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Requirement to Provide Data
You are not obliged to provide us with any personal data. However, some of the information required by our application forms is necessary in order for us to comply with our obligations under applicable law and to provide services to you and, if you do not provide us with these required details, then we may not be in a position to provide you with our services.
Sharing of Personal Data
We may disclose your personal data to third party recipients in connection with the above purposes, including:
- to third parties who we engage to provide services to us, such as professional advisers, auditors and outsourced service providers; or
- to competent regulatory authorities and bodies as requested or required by law.
We store your personal data on our IT system and on hard files. No third party will be granted access to your personal data which we retain.
We will not hold your data for longer than is necessary. We will retain your personal data for the duration of your engagement with us and for such a period of time after your contract ends as is necessary to comply with our obligations under applicable law and, if relevant, to deal with any claim or dispute that might arise in connection with your contract.
How we use your information
We will keep your data secure and will only retain it for as long as is reasonably necessary in accordance with applicable Data Protection Law.
You have the following rights, in certain circumstances and subject to certain restrictions, in relation to your personal data:
- the right to access your personal data;
- the right to request the rectification and/or erasure of your personal data;
- the right to restrict the use of your personal data;
- the right to object to the processing of your personal data;
- the right to receive your personal data, which you provided to us.
In order to exercise any of the rights set out above, you can contact us at our office, Killashee Street, Longford or at [email protected].
If you are not happy with the way we have used your information or addressed your rights, you have the right to make a complaint to the Data Protection Commission by emailing [email protected].